* Send a written request to the attention of the “Permissions Administrator” or “Permissions Department.” Since the name of this department or desk varies from company to company, it is best to call ahead and ask who to direct permissions requests to.
- Indicate exactly which paragraphs or pages you plan to use or duplicate.
- If making copies (for a handout, for example), tell how many copies you plan to make.
- Tell how you plan to distribute the material: in a book, for commercial sale , non-profit, handout, giveaway, etc.
- If the material is to be used in a publication (such as a magazine, newspaper or newsletter), tell how many pages there are in the publication, and what the selling price will be.